Remember? I’m 10! Cyber-Bullying is even better
Although we’re talking about Cyber-Bullying more and more… it is not something new… but what is Cyber-Bullying?
- Ryan Patrick Halligan was ridiculed and humiliated by peers at school and on-line. He committed suicide on October 7, 2003.
- 13-year-old Megan Meier hanged herself in a bedroom closet in October 2006. Megan struggled with attention deficit disorder and depression in addition to issues with her weight.
- In 2009, 13-year-old Hope Sitwell hanged herself after a picture of her breasts that she “sexted” to her boyfriend was shared amongst students at six different schools
- In October 2012, 15-year-old Amanda Todd posted a video entitled “My story: Struggling, bullying, suicide, self harm” to YouTube. On September 7, 2012, Amanda hanged herself in her home. She met a stranger who convinced her to bare her breasts on camera. He started to blackmail Amanda, and the picture began circulating on the internet.
- In 2016, the last cases in Spain, show the age is also decreasing. There are 8, 9 and 10 years old cyber-bulling their peers. Girls are more into cyber-bullying than boys, and Whatsapp is the preferred app. The last bullies have been sentenced to pay 2.828€ to the victim.
Last October we published a post entitled: HEY! I’M A BULLY!! I’M 10… SO WHAT?! But we’ve just realized that same kid, also knows what Cyber-Bullying is, and in fact, he prefers it.
Content is available only for registered users. Please login or register